Wednesday, January 14, 2009

112. Cause your blood is sweet, like crimson on a vampire's lips.


A moment’s passing, their silent footsteps on the icy ground, so swiftly, time running away from my obscure glances. Shards of sharp icicles stare down at me, their edges tinkle like little wind up dolls, the translucent ice felt like it has already pierced my heart.

Had I forgotten the reason for my existence, my subsistence feeling like it doesn’t have any more meaning? Trapped in this ice box, beneath the glaciers and icicles, and the thought that a single move could leave the floor splattered with my blood.

A gentle wind blew my direction; beads of sweat on my chin froze up and broke into pieces as they fell onto the floor. It was at this moment where the wind seemed to tempt my fate, trying to squeeze a miracle out of my body, maybe even if I lay lifeless on the ground.

Another placid breeze, another chime of the glass shards. They mocked me with their sharp, pointed edges, deriding my assurance in ever making it out alive. The soles of my boots squeaked against the ice floor, again causing another ring of the shards.

A loud peal, ringing as it crashed onto the ground.

A sharp sense of laughter in the sultry sound of the ice, the remains of it as frost on the artic floor. Running, I tore through, covering a lot of ground by squabbling and stumbling, ice cuts all over my fingers.

Behind me, a whole storm of icicles rained down like a frost parade, crashing into the ground below, falling with grace known to no man. Their peals of laughter shivered me worst than the cold, the way they knew I couldn’t escape.

And I didn’t.

It’s just me in a thousand shards and dark crimson on the ice.
Broken, never to be saved, alone forever.



Nicole (:

No comments: