Tuesday, January 13, 2009

110. A kiss for a quarter, a hug for another.

I'm standing at the street outside your house, watching for your shadow at the window. I wanted you never to disappear, I told you not to. "But I must," you said, conviction in your voice, not wavering for your tears. This is the aftermath of your actions, and now you can't find a way back. I told you that you couldn't suffer alone, that you musn't. "I'm here, that's where I'll stay," I cried.

But it was I who suffered the torment.

It was I who had to suffer alone.

You left me, storming out your door, racing down your doorsteps. It was I, who watched you leave and turn your back on me. It was I, who endured watching you look at someone like you did to me. And on that day itself, the person inside of my died, and slowly my body withered away as well.

So I'm here, but you dont see me.

I'm gone, and I'm taking you with me.


http://www.backintheblackbook.blogspot.com/ (:




Nicole (:

No comments: