Thursday, June 4, 2009

230. Home feels a little too mundane.

So there I was, standing on an extremely unstabled platform, way above the river that has currents as massive as if elephants were swimming underwater, holding onto a hanger which connects to a thin wire life line, waiting to be swung into the rages of the river. Should I even be contemplating whether I should take the jump?

I mean, come on.
1. Extreme fear of heights
2. Not so good friends with the G-Force
3. Jumping off shaky platforms are not exactly my thing.
4. My life hanging by a wire thread is not exactly very safe.
5. In fact, with shaky hands, holding onto the hanger and not letting go is bad enough.
6. I hate looking down, and I do it all the time.

But I've got 3 things that is good.

1. I have to boast that if there's raging rivers, I can swim like fuck.
2. Adrenalin was clouding my judgement.
3. It would be very cowardly to climb back down.

So, I jumped.
OH MY FREAKING GOD.

My fingers slipped from the hanger at the end, the water just shot up my nose on cue, my eyes were stung, my lifejacket was trying to pull me up but the weight of my body was pulling me down, the current was so strong, and I was swimming like fuck.

But, I did it, again (:
Twice.
That's right, bitches.
I've got the guts the size of my last toenail, and the brains even smaller than that.
But it's okay, I would have regretted if I didn't do it.

Laosy Laos was actually one of the best trips I've ever been to.
And I actually wouldn't mind staying there a whole other week (:

<-------------------------------------------------3

No comments: