Wednesday, February 17, 2010

You indulge in my affection, run away with my heart.

I remember the last time I was up this late. It's vivid, like a dream you wake up from, that stays clear in your mind. Late night lattes, snuggling under the sheets of the duvets, thinking of you.

I remember how every little thing you said made my heart flutter, and how the ambiguousity of it all ignited a strange sense of attraction within me. You were intoxicating. Because you seemed to be all that I ever wanted.

Because you existed, it reminded me how my dreams cross boundaries, reaches beyond it's limits, exshausting itself out, to show me that dreams like you, existed in my world. Your efferverscence, mirthful, trivial joy reduced my emotions to thrills, edgy vibes, and fervert desires for more.

But captivating as you were, beautiful as how you turned out to be, all good things come abruptly to an end.

You've stoppped running tireless circles in my mind, stopped making me flick my eyes back and forth from the phone to my schoolwork, wondering if you were dreaming, wondering if you were thinking about me. Wishing, hoping?

Somehow, I think the existence of you in my heart will cease to end, regardless the consequences. You indulge in my affection, run away with my heart. Time runs dry in this mind of mine.

To let go, isn't to forget.

It's to believe that everything happened, and everything was real. It's to immerse yourself in the most craziest of memories, drown yourself in the wakefulness of your being when your heart beats for two, be swept away my tears that never seem to run dry.

A cascade of blankness still rests between the two of us. And by not doing anything, I am giving in, and submitting myself to letting you go.

It's been 50 hours, 57 minutes.



That I'm alive without you.

No comments: