Wednesday, July 22, 2009

270. Don't you shiver babe.

Something I wrote when I realized I didn't bring my phone to text anyone, and that my moral book was actually an english book, and my math book disappeared. Hurrah.

It's like hot cocoa at the brink of dawn,
a kiss goodnight after a tiring day.
Catching fishes by the pond,
and watch summer flowers drift away.

It's like cold curled up toes under the sheets,
and fingers that fit like puzzles,
making up nonsense in your backseat,
and secretly loving your cuddles.

If you did ask me,
I would tell you my life's a muddle.
The way you make my heart scream,
and melt into a puddle.

There's nothing like holding you,
and knowing that I'll miss,
the soppy love movies we've watched,
and stars that upon we've wished.

It's like licking the same ice cream,
and watching horror movies in fear.
Seeing you parting your lips to sing,
That beautiful voice I long to hear.

It's like sneaking into bars,
and scribbling on the tables.
However stereotypical our lives are,
yet our love is not a label.

Then I hear the dates on your doorsteps,
and I help you prepare,
telling you that your Vans are better than your slacks,
and that you should wax your hair.

Sometimes, just for a moment.
I wish those girls weren't there.
And you'd kiss me sofly on my lips.
Not my forehead or on my hair.

If you did ask me,
I'd tell you my life's a muddle.
The way you make my heart bleed.
And that you're so much worth the trouble.

At times when the sky is dark,
and my mind is led astray.
I dream of impossibly tempting things like,
being with you for just a day.

And as you walk out your door,
you turn around and wink.
The words etched so deeply into my core,
just notice, would you? And think.

That every night when you come home,
and your mind is baffled and confused,
it's your seashell ears I whisper into,
I'm so in love with you.

No comments: